BUYING AND MERCHANDISING
This module I worked on a live industry briefing for George, ASDA, tasked to develop a detailed range of clothing, commercially viable and appropriate for the brand and their consumer.
• Conducted a comparative shop report for the brand, focusing on relevant competitors.
• Developed a detailed range book showcasing key findings, on trend design details and pattern directions.
• Illustrated and designed my own CAD’S for my final core, trial and fashion pieces within mycollection, using Adobe Illustrator.
• Gained appropriate terminology throughout, exploring critical path analysis and financial considerations.
• Identified evidence for the progress of key deadlines along the supply chain, understanding lead times.
• Understood suitable volumes of stock being infiltrated into tiered stores, as well as appropriate phasing schedules.
This module also gave me the opportunity to present my range to head buyers and the design team at George, which resulted in me being awarded a two-week placement at their head office. For more insight into my time on placement view my experiences page to read more.